The example of Rich’s son playing the web based game is an example of interactive and/ or multimedia learning to a good degree. His son had control over the game. Every action he took had reaction to his in game mechanics. His son had fun and was learning at the same time. Playing the game Pandemic lead his son to use mechanics of the game that were similar to how real life viruses spread thru airplanes and ships. He learned about viruses and diseases and the effect on a population it can have. His learning was effortless as stated since he was fully engaged and having fun in the process of learning.

An example of an interactive or multimedia learning experience I can think of is the game Typeracer. Back in elementary school in the computer lab we would spend time as a class with this game. I did not think about it much as a kid but when I got older I realized it helped us become more proficient with our computer typing. This was definitely a positive impact on my learning and made me want to get faster and better at typing on the computer. It was enjoyable as well competing against class mates to see who can type the quickest.

Example of the Typeracer Game